An elderly man in Mumbai calls his son in New York and says, 'I hate to ruin your day son, but I have to tell you this; your mother and I are getting a divorce after 35 years of marriage ... and it's over!' 'Dad, what are you talking about?' the son screams. 'We can't stand the sight of each other any longer,' the old man says. 'We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so call your sister in Hong Kong and tell her!' Frantic, the son calls his sister, who also explodes on the phone. 'Like heck they're getting divorced,' she shouts, 'I'll take care of this.' She calls Mumbai immediately, and screams at her old man, 'You are not getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR?' and she hangs up. The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. 'Okay' 'It's all set. They're both coming for our anniversary and paying their own airfare.
We all tend to give excuses of 'no time' in our schedules today but the truth is that no man or woman is forever busy. We complain about lack of funds, distance, and unresponsiveness of our loved ones as reasons why we don't get in touch with each other often. We all have 365 days, 24 hours at our disposals. The sky is not going to fall down if you take a few days off work for holidays, travel to meet your dear ones and restore your broken down walls. Business meetings, seminars, conferences, career moves and money making ventures will always be there in life. Good relationship management will keep us healthy; preserve our lives because when all is gone, the warmth of those we love and appreciate over the years speak vitality, stability, hope and a new beginning into our lives. Invest time and effort in your relationships!
Nice one... Lovely write up.. Keep it up dear.
ReplyDelete