We meet at a party and everything just seemed to click. We talked a lot and it seemed we had a lot in common. I mean I could spend hours on the phone with this guy and never get tired. We went out together and it felt nice. He always seemed to have time for me. I could physically feel the attraction and the kiss was good. Then we did the friends with benefits thing. We were not committed to each other but we both eagerly anticipated each other's company or so I was made to believe.
In July, I raised an opinion that I felt emotions were getting attached and he raised that we needed to have a serious talk. In July, we had the so-called serious talk and it ended in him asking me out and wanting to know if I wanted to take the risk given I was so scared to commit to things as I knew there would be changes and I had anticipated these changes would not be a good one. I decided to give it a try and go with the wind to see where it blew me. Prior to him, I had ended my previous relationship due to neglect and hardly interacting with the guy I loved, given he was always ever so busy. This I thought had been a fundamental understanding between us.
From the caring guy I knew, he went to one who;
- could go without talking to me for a whole day,
- interactions became a thing of convenience,
- if I didn't call, he didn't call
- even when I called there was a reason he had to rush off or leave the phone,
- things that seemed to matter to me, just never seemed to bother him
- the good nights and good mornings started being missed,
- blamed my mood swings on the absence of sex,
The dawning bit was on my birthday. the one day you expect to be all about you. The one day you expect your boyfriend to be the first to call and wish you a great day. The one day you expect the public declaration of his love for you on his blackberry page. My boyfriend fell asleep before it was 12 midnight. My friends all wished me Happy Birthday before he did. Now that I think about it, I dont actually think the words Happy Birthday came out of his mouth. He blamed the not calling and acknowledging it on his dp on a bad network. He lied even though I knew the truth. I don't know which hurts most the not calling or the lie.Then he fed me a bit more anticipation saying, his plan was to be the last person to call me that day. As a gullible idiot I fell yet again for that, as a bit of me had just the slightest anticipation that he might actually come through on this one. I went to bed after a message to him saying, "so much for wanting to be the last to call me, way to go!!".
His reply was; "sorry, slept off". He asked for the gist of what I got up to for my birthday, which I gave him. Then I decided not to ignore what he has done and asked for a no communication for a whole week. His reply was, "he accepts his punishment" after he gave an apology which I refused to accept.
He has tried calling twice today but am too bitter to pick. Funny thing is, I am not even mad at him. Am I right i n thinking I wanted this more than he did? How did I let my guards down so much?, How did I lose myself in what seems a one sided romance? Does love make you so stupid? Do you stop knowing what love is all about just because you find someone you really like? When do you stop making the excuses? Does love always make you query where you stand with him?
I thought love always made you feel special everytime. I thought love appreciated what it had. I did. I gave my all. I thought love was unconditional and you always knew you had it and neva questioned its existence. I thought love went the extra mile to let you know how much you were loved. Love spoils you. On your bday your lover is the first you hear from and if not makes amends as soon as possible and makes the time out to talk to you. I understand not everyday is rosey with love but not everyday is a busy day with love as well. Am I living in a fairytale world or is love actually all these things.
I am in a confused state. Here is a guy I love but I cant have him fully. Just too many conditions attached, what do I do? Do I compromise and let go of what I believe it should be? Or do I just let go and take as much time as it will to heal from it? Help Juliet!!!
Hi Bubbles,
ReplyDeleteA really nice email.
I must say I do understand where you are coming from.
My advise is very simple, weigh up the benefits of the relationship and decide. Are your compromises worth you losing yourself and everything you believe in.
Every girl deserves to be pampered. If he can't even make time for you now that you are in the early stages, do you really think that will change?
One of the greatest mistakes ladies make is wanting their partners to change. Old habits die hard. If he really loves you, he would do everything he can to make you know it.
I have been happy married for 20 years and He still makes me feel very special. I can still look into his eyes and know that I am all that matters to him.
Give it a real thought love. At the end of the day, all girls deserve to be treated like the princesses they are and spoilt with love and admiration of your qualities.
You read like a very nice person. Do not compromise the quality of your happiness for the bullshit he is giving you.
Keep us updated okay!!!
Hi Bubbles,
ReplyDeleteIf he is really sorry and makes amends, then give him a chance.
Some guys might just be too scared to show you exactly how they feel. Some dont really care though.
You need to be able to decide if he is genuine or just simply messing with you.
If he takes the good guys approach of making you realise how much you mean to him and how much you matter to him. Then it might be worth giving him another chance and seeing what he does with it.
I can tell you really love him and are hurting from his actions. Give it time and see where it leads.
Be strong! Every woman is.